Sunday 25 March 2012

The Need for a Girly Corner

My ex downstairs bedroom has been neglected ever since I decided to move upstairs for the practical side of it. When my younger kids still wake up in the middle of the night and look for me, I took the decision to move the master bedroom on the same level with theirs. The twins who are supposedly have their own bedrooms, moved in together.
So, actually it's not my ex bedroom. With the kids growing up rapidly, no time longer I guess it's gonna be moved back downstairs again.

But for the time being, that room has returned into a big storage room. It's the home gym with 2 of those gigantic gym equipment and dozens of small ones. Not to forget, my son's fixie bike. It's the walk in closet, for I don't have enough space for my and my husband's clothes to be also moved. It's the working room, with the rarely used personal computer and stuffs me and my husband bring home from work.

And the most possible and fun to re-decorate is definitely the part of the room which is my make-up room, with all those make-ups, though rarely used but you'll never know when you need them..
Which, most importantly, is also where I store my accessories. Tons of it.

Now. The existing spot, is a total chaos!
First of all, there's nothing pretty about it. Nor cool. No character..hahahaha..eat your words!
It's a mix of all I have in the past and new stuffs..
And to dull everything off..The table is chipped. The paint is plain white.



I had these Balinese boxes since forever. It was my Balinese phase..I'm still on and off with that phase, by the way. On, whenever I go to Bali..*do'oh...


 Oh..and don't forget the phase I'm in whenever I go to Yogya. And I do love Batik! a whole lot!! 
 The jewelry boxes are new. Nothing fancy, which I wish it would've be, just for the practical side.


And look where I put my necklaces. The wardrobe's handle. And it's not even my wardrobe. It's my husband's part. My part of the wardrobe doesn't have that kind of hung-able handle.. :P
I need help!!


Whenever desperate for help..Browse!
I love this..
Making it so feminine, will make the spot mine.. The boys won't ever think to play around such a girly place.. :)
Well, I don't want to get overboard with it. For I'm not a girly-girl in the first place..

I'll go either with the accentuate vintage wall finish and hang the accessories on that spot or keep it plain, though colored, and put on white vintage frames to hang them.





I love these decorative mannequins. The small for jewelry ones and the standard size but altered ones.
The principles for the types of mannequins is also the same with the wall treatment.

Either it's vintage patterned all over with everything else plain.





Or just go with a more simple design, yet still chic..It's a decorative mannequin for God's sake, what can be more chic than that..


Wired design and keep the other things simple, is totally gonna make it stand out. There's small ones for accessories and standard ones as well!


Or, just plain color. Neutral color will make the spot chic endlessly. But it doesn't mean it has to be neutral. It comes in bright and deep colors which are the coolest ever!









 After about to finish the whole post, I'm thinking it's gonna be too girly for me. But, let's do some image board later on in another post. Hmm..we'll see!







No comments:

Post a Comment