Tuesday 28 July 2009

That's What Friends Are For..

How we click with someone, is strange...don't you think?
How did you end up with your groups of friends?

I started having a group of friends,
when I was in elementary school..
Sari, Mona, Theresia , and Caroline.

Back then, as I remember,
we got together because we're the not so popular ones..
Me, for one thing, was this fat, short haired, not the girlie pretty type,
who was behind in school, because I came back from the US
in the third quarter of first grade,
and got serious problems with the lessons here..
So, we're not one of the pretty ones,
nor we are the smart ones, nor the ones that are good in sports..
Which are really important aspects to be popular,
when you're in elementary..
We're the average ones,
with lack self confident.
It lasted until we finished elementary school..
Some of us just got contacted recently..thanks for FB..
But we just were too young back then,
to get click again nowadays..

When I got to Junior High..
I ended up with such a big group of friends..
I, getting tired of being fat and being called names, got slimmer..
I did everything I could do secretly inside my bedroom,
from running, skipping, playing the hoola hoops, until skipping meals..
But, that isn't enough when you're in Junior High..
The popular ones now are the ones that are talented..
Back in my days, talented in modern dancing...lol..
Also the populars are they who's got the latest, coolest, most happening stuffs

So, I got grouped with some girls,
who's not in that category..
Dian, Mona, and Marlene..
But then, it grew bigger..
We even gave a name to the group and make member cards...lol
Decy, Camelia, Lisa N, Lisa C, Lia, Airin, Ingrid..
Almost all of them are still in contact through FB
But only 2 - 3 of them still clicks..

In the third grade, Junior High
I had to move with my parents to Makassar..
Even though it was just for a year,
I've got really close with a bunch of friends there also..
Actually, I came back to that position again..
A new student, from Jakarta, intimidating for the popular girls...LOL
I turned out not so bad, back then..
I was way slimmer, grew my hair long, fair skin...not so bad at all..LOL

But I still don't go with the popular ones..
Me and my self esteem..
So, I grouped again with the not so popular ones..
Naomi, Joan, Jane, Ully, Frietje..
I've lost contact with all of them, except for Joan in FB

High School,
I insisted to go back to Jakarta..
So, there I was
Back in my old school again..
And most of them are kids I know since elementary school
Got to be grouped again with
some of my friends in Junior High, that are still left..
Mona, Decy, and a new student Yanty..

But, In High School
I got really clicked with my group with the boys..
I wasn't the one that's popular among the boys..
but really being one of the boys.
Maybe, back then..
I was getting so comfortable with myself,
I really don't care with what the girls think anymore..
And being friends with boys is the best way to enjoy that..

Boys just don't talk behind your back,
they say it right to you..
Most of the boys, don't sweat on the way they look..
or at least they don't show it..
And boys are silly..
They'll do the silliest pranks to one another..
they do it for fun..
and they don't get offended easily even on worse pranks..
Love being friends with the boys..
Leonard, Alex, Erwin, Jimmy, Jemmy, Richard, Reinhard, Hengky..

And there was this other group of boys I got closed to also..
It was the ending of high school and all..
We lived near..
So, If we went to places..parties, discos, courses, and others..
we went together..
Erwin, Dani, Vericko, Andy

Aaah.. the things with being friends with boys are..
now, that they're all happily married..
you just can't communicate the way you used to do it back then..
So, I don't know either we still click or not..
Well, some of them are in my FB..
and I still chat with 1 - 2 of them.

University was fun
I think, when it comes to university,
it's all about academic stuffs..
I was the one with the average scores for important subjects..
and got better scores for not so important ones...lol
I got grouped with girls with those sort of category..
Titie, Oki, Mona, Anita, Fera, Shitta..

Oh! Got a group of male friends also..
They're the one who got crushes, who admires,
or who thinks are truly - madly - deeply in love..
with my girl friends ( from my group ).. lol
So, their name will be confidential..
Guys, you know who you are...lol..

Having 4 kids also got me more group of friends..
The mommies..
So, it's mommies stuff..
Kids, school, cooking, shopping, husband (?..^_^),..
From my first son schools for sure..
Playgroup,
Vira, Santy, Nita, Reta, Faira, Mita, Evi, Joice
Since kindergarten,
Uni, Reina, Mba Lia, Mba Dewi, Lilis, Dina, Yanty, Sri, Yety,..
My second son's playgroup..
Joice, Mba Hani, Yuli, Niti, Sisca

At work, usually we get more individualistic
Thankfully, now I get the most fun environment with my co-workers..
We joke around between classes..
We have our laugh every day at break time on ^
We hang out on report book day..
We hang out Friday night after payday..lol..
Mietta, Andy, Azura, Uti, Pras, Sita, Wiku, Indah, Agus, Mike, Winnie, Citra, Vera..

But, despite of the reason why we got grouped with others..
In a group of friends,
we don't mind what kind of persons they are, do we?
Off course, we click more with some than with others in a group..
But still..
We just accept them the way they are..
We stand by them through good and bads..
Laugh with them, and cry with them..
Hold their hands through rough times..
Cheer with them on great times..
Defend them every time..
Support them all the way
..

But every relationships got their ups and downs..
Every now and then
Things just doesn't always go the way we want to..
Clashes don't just happen with the one we mostly don't get along with..
Clashes mostly happens with the one we're closest to..

Hopefully we're mature enough to get through it..
After all, we've been through everything before..

Hopefully, every mistakes that we've ever done to each other..
wasn't by purpose..
wasn't meant to offend each other..
was just a misunderstanding..

And hopefully we find it in our hearts..
To forgive and to forget..

Friendship is forever..
Thanks friends!!!
Love u guys..all of you..muach2

No comments:

Post a Comment